Home Ministry Outreach is a fellowship of Committed Christians who believe:
(1) The Bible is the literal "Word of God," and therefore its conclusions are authoritative in all areas of our lives.
(2) There is One God, eternally existing in three Persons; The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit.
We use the biblical term "Godhead" (Acts 17:29; Romans 1:20; Col. 2:9) and the Hebrew "Elohim" in describing this plural oneness of God. Godhead means "divine nature" or divinity. In Acts 5:3, The Holy Spirit is called "God", in Romans 1:20 The Father is God, and in Col. 2:9 Jesus is called "God." In Genesis 1:26 God refers to Himself as "Us."
(3) Jesus Christ, fully human, fully Divine.
He pre-existed as "YHVH" or Jehovah of the Old Testament. He created the universe. (John 1:1-3, Hebrews 1:10-12) He "emptied" Himself of all Godly prerogatives and became a man (Phil. 2:6-8) He lived a perfect, sinless life (1Peter 2:22; Isaiah 53:9) He assumed the judgement due sinners by dying in our place (John 1:29; 1Peter 2:24) He was bodily raised from the dead, all power restored to Him ( Matthew 28:18; Ephesians 1:22)
(4) Salvation is available only because of God's Grace to us. (Ephesians 2:5) There is nothing that we did, or could do, to obtain it. It is attained by "Faith" in the finished work of Jesus.
(5) The indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in all believers (Ephesians 1:13-14).
(6) The need for the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit" empowering believers to "witness" and minister through the gifts of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:4,8)
(7) The actual, personal return of Jesus Christ to this earth, to establish His kingdom, with the Saints. (Zechariah 14:5; 2 Thess. 2:8)
(8) That our worship facilities, and services should be free of pagan symbols and practices, ancient or modern. (1 John 5:1; 1Cor. 10:14-20)
The use of symbols and practices that are used, or have been used to worship false gods; provide an open door to demonic attack on Christians. When we "try" to use them to worship the true God we give "place" (Ephesians 4:25-27) to the devil. God's warning to ancient Israel is still relevant for us today, "Learn not the way of the heathen, (Jeremiah 10:2) and "You must not live according to the customs of the nations...."(Lev 20:23)